This private game reserve was the first to be incorporated into the globally renowned Kruger National Park. An incomparable, unforgettable experience of the Big 5 and lots of other African species awaits you. If you weren’t in the know, the big 5 are – the lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo – although it’s not easy to see them all – in particular the leopard as they are nocturnal, secretive and well camouflaged creatures. However, just being in the bush and seeing tiny animals like ants and frogs interact, and learning about the relationship between them, can be even more exciting than a procession of lions and elephants. This means that even if you miss out on one or two of the big guys, you’ll still have a great time.
There are 3 type of accommodation available for you to enjoy your preferred choice of exploring and discovering the area.
* See the wild at night with an adventure packed game drive under the stars, tracking cheetah and the African wild dog.
* The main lodge encompasses 20 romantic chalets and a Safari Suite with its own lounge and dining area, bathroom and glass walled shower which overlooks the river. On top of this, a large pool and a private 4×4 safari vehicle and ranger are at your service. Pan-African feasts are dished up in the candle or lantern lit boma or courtyard.
* 6 luxury tented suites with bathrooms, outdoor showers and lap pools reflecting the seasonal Timbavati River.
* To experience a rare intimacy with the wilderness, the Walking Safari Camp with its 4 roomy en suite tents is a truly amazing, awe-inspiring experience.
Ngala game lodgeNgala Thatched Chalet
– Swimming Pool
– Game Drives
– Luxury Accomodation and Facilities
– Child Friendly
– 2 Daily Game Drives
– African Big (and little) Game
– Bush walking
Location – set in 14,700 hectares in the Timbavati region of the Kruger National Park with self-drive and scheduled air access.
Ngala Game Reserve — Kruger National Park, South Africa